Wednesday, July 23, 2008

First impression of nursing

My Lecturer asked me to write on the first impression we have on nursing in a journal book and read it when it is four yrs later... i decide to write here instead..
After only two days of nursing class.. i start to feel something about nursing as a career..
I never thought in my life i will take up nursing...
I took nursing just because engineering will be tough for me and so i choose nursing as it seems easier to me when i am doing the decision
I felt that nursing is not that kind of easy course as i am taking degree in nursing and not diploma which is a great difference from wat my teacher said...
First impression on nursing is that:-
1) it involves more hands on
2) no need to study so much like medicine, pharmacy
3) a lot of dirty jobs involved
4) many more.. but overall is i think is easier to do la...
but then only after 2 days,
i already start changing my thoughts and because of that i could write well on the first impression now as i start to contain 2nd impression in me.
i have been influence by my lecturer that nursing seems like a very honourable career and it is quite a challenge.
This is because we not only have to learn about the procedures and basic knowledge of those injections cleaning people buttocks which i had in mind earlier... it is more than that.
We got to learn in depth of why we do all the procedures and now as a graduate we have the right to challenge the doctors... so lihai hoh... i dunno la maybe my lecturer is bluffing me
There are many challenges we have to face like quick reactions to face pop up situations in hospitals and we had to in charge our patients' everything even after he is not in hospital. Unlike the doctors jus gave med, or operation then can go le... we nurse have to take care of the patient, patient family and the environment...
We deal with far more things... sometimes things are out of control and even no solution
I hate one thing is that we got to control our emotions..
but i like one thing that my lecturer says
" Nurses can do job without doctors, but the doctors can't do job without nurses"
Can u imagine??

No comments: