Monday, October 20, 2008

Tung Shin 1st day

As expected,will be shocked by the way nurses really work...
I was least confident with my vital signs unlike my fren who are confident in doing them... i hope i will overcome it soon as i get used to it....
Those nurses there work like robot man...
Never saw people work like them... chaotic in a sense since we are blurr and dunno wat they are up to... we are lost sheep standing at the fence looking at them...
we tried to do our vitals signs on the patient.. but when we get our equipment ready, all the patients are done...they work damn fast.. usually morning shift gets all the hard work... they had limited time and staff to do things ,.. and get them done by a certain time..
We tried to tag along with the nurses... to help them or maybe we need them to let us observe and give chances to let us try he vital signs..
We manage to follow them to sent the patients to OT, Physio, Xray..etc...
But it is jus observation...
as time past, we are dare to ask whether we can do the vital signs... my frens who are more confident did it...
Finally it is my chance to give it a try...
Okay temperature taking was easy ( expected)
Pulse was okay too just that i was nervous, so i scared i will hear my own pulse..
Whoops , mistake! Forgot respiration... next time must remember
Okay the hard part which i think it is hard... B-P.. cos usually i hear my frens' pulses are all quite normal.. so i wonder i can get the accurate reading from the patient or not...
Oh my god, the patient reading was damn high... although my reading is not that accurate cs i release too fast(wat my fren told me, cos i couldn't feel anything too nervous)
So i informed my perceptor and asked her to check for me, cos there is hypotension.
My perceptor told me his BP is like 170/110... OMG!!! so high???
I also get around there but lower a bit... see inaccurate.. so ppl dun find me for BP taking at the moment.. but after posting, i think i can guarantee accurate reading..
Okay after that come to end of the day ( for us nia), we got a chance to hear the nurses passing down their report...
They talk damn fast la.. like bullet train... i can't even hear patient's room number
They use quite a number of abbreviation.
DR who says who.. refer to dr who.. informed dr who... report to dr who...
Oh my... my head is turning..
Good thing the DR and DR thing is for staff nurses.. we student nurse jus need to take note of patient's diet, positioning, other misc
That's all for today...
Leg very suan now~~

No comments: